We currently participant in a few affiliate programs and may receive referral fee for items purchased through our site. This does not cost our readers anything, to learn more please visit our Disclosure page.
Tuft & Needle Mattress Reviews
Tuft & Needle Mattress likes to keep things simple, offering a simple effective mattress. This foam mattress uses only two layers, focusing on the high quality of the materials rather than a lot of fancy new technology and gimmicks in order to please consumers. The Tuft and Needle brand boasts a 95% satisfaction rating, offering a firm and supportive (yet comfortable) mattress that most people will enjoy sleeping on. Lets dive into your Tuft & Needle Mattress Reviews and see which mattress is best for you
What’s inside the Tuft and Needle Original foam mattress?
The Tuft and Needle original mattress is made of 2 layers of foam, the top layer is 3” of Tuft and Needle Adaptive® foam. This foam is made from their patented foam blend, which is very durable, making the mattress long lasting and won’t tear easily. The foam is designed to contour to your body and relieve pressure points, to give you a pain free and extremely comfortable sleep. If you tend to sleep hot, the Adaptive® foam is infused with heat conducting graphite and cooling gel, which removes the heat from your sleep and gives you a cooling sleep.
In the Tuft and Needle Original foam mattress, the second layer is the base foam, which is the thick support layer. This foam layer is made from open cell cooling technology, which allows for high air circulation, reducing any mattress hotness and adding to your cooling sleep. Total height of the foam mattress is 10 inches and its main features are below –
- Has a plush, soft and breathable white cover
- The Adaptive® foam contours to your body and has bounce back support
- Mainly for back and side sleepers. Stomach sleepers may find it not firm enough
- Uses graphite infused foam to remove body heat
- Cooling gel used to get rid of any body heat
- Durable Adaptive® foam, giving the mattress a long life span
- Non toxic materials
- High in quality and very durable
- Good motion isolation
- Excellent value for money
- Not for those who prefer a soft mattress
- Doesn’t have great edge support
Tuft and Needle Original Mattress Size
How Firm Is The Tuft and Needle Original Foam Mattress?
Looking through many reviews, we’ve concluded that the Tuft and Needle mattress has a medium firm feel, when you sit onto the mattress it will feel soft, as the Adaptive® foam top layer is quite soft. However, once you lay down onto the mattress, using your whole-body weight, you will feel the support layer working and the mattress will feel firmer.
This firmness level will vary between everyone, as it depends on the sleeper’s body weight. As a heavyweight sleeper will press more into the mattress and may find the mattress firm. Whereas a lightweight person may find the mattress soft, as they wouldn’t stink into the support foam layer.
If you are unsure whether the mattress is for you, don’t fear, Tuft and Needle offer a 100-night trial. So, if you find the mattress is uncomfortable and doesn’t suit your body, you can easily return it. Though, if you find the mattress too firm, then you could purchase the Tuft and Needle foam mattress topper, which will make your mattress softer and relieve pressure points on your hips and shoulders. The Tuft and Needle foam mattress topper is 2 inches of responsive foam and aims to keep you sleeping cool at night. It is also covered in a smooth polyester blend, keeps your sheets from bunching and a non-skid bottom, with silicone beading, to stop the mattress topper from moving around.
Bed Frame Compatibility
The Tuft & Needle mattress has a great level of bed frame compatibility and is firm enough to let you use a box spring or simply lie on the floor – though it sits low enough that getting up in the morning might feel awkward in the latter case. The mattress works best with platform bases, slatted frames, or adjustable frames, as all of these provide an additional level of support that goes well with the softness of the mattress. As long as you have a frame that is the same size as the Tuft & Needle mattress of your choice, you should be able to use it effectively. However, there is a definite benefit to getting a new frame when you purchase a new mattress for maximum compatibility and benefit based on the size.
The Tuft & Needle mattress comes with a warranty that has become more or less standard in the mattress industry over recent years. When you first purchase the mattress, you have the benefit of a 100-night free trial. If you are unsatisfied with the mattress after this time, you can return it and get your money back in full. Shipping is free for the mattress, as is removal of your old mattress. The Tuft & Needle mattress comes with a 10-year warranty, which gives you a full decade before needing to worry about repairs or replacement. In many cases, the mattress outlasts this warranty by a period of years.
The Tuft & Needle mattress is a well-established foam mattress that has a well-earned reputation for quality. Those who seek a comfortable night of sleep on a firm mattress that keeps a consistent temperature throughout the night would do well to consider taking advantage of the 100-night free trial offered with this mattress.
Tuft and Needle Original Mattress Price
There is an option to have the mattress cover treated with HeiQ NPJ03 antimicrobial protection, this will safeguard your mattress against any harmful microbes, that can affect the mattress’s lifespan. However, this will cost an extra $50 for any size.
*Prices at time of writing March 2022
Tuft & Needle - Best Sellers
Delivery and Returns
Delivery is free with the Tuft and Needle Original Mattress, and will be delivered in a few days if you purchase via Amazon. If you decide to purchase via the Tuft and Needle main website, then it may take 1 to 5 business days for delivery.
Your mattress will be delivered compressed in a box, the boxed weight will vary depending on the size you select. Once the boxed mattress is placed in your desired room, simply unbox, remove the protective wrapping and let your mattress expand. Once it has expanded, open some windows to let the new mattress smell air out, then once the smell is ok for you, its ready to be slept on.
One aspect that customers hate about purchasing mattresses online is the returning process, as some think they need to get the mattress back into the box and won’t be able to return it, since the mattress has been used. Or the return process is hard and takes a long time to arrange. With Tuft and Needle mattresses, there is a 100-night trial, if you find that the mattress is not for you, you can arrange to return the mattress. The return process seems nice and simple, below are the different return methods, depending on where you have purchased the mattress. If you purchase via Amazon.com, they also honour the 100-night trial. Both mattresses return methods don’t require you to put the mattress back into the box, it’s impossible to do.
Return Mattress Via Tuft and Needle
- Complete the return form if you are within your 100-night trial
- Select a local charity or non-profit organization to donate your mattress to
- Once the mattress has been donated, upload a scanned or photographed copy of your donation receipt
- Tuft and Needle will process your refund, after they receive the donation receipt.
- May take 5-10 business days for you to receive refund
Return Mattress Via Amazon.com
- Returns via Amazon.com will require Amazon’s Special Handling Department
- Contact Amazon’s special handling department, this can be found within your amazon account
- The mattress does not need to be compressed back into the box
- If in an unlikely case, Amazon are not helpful. Then contact Tuft and Needle using their destinated amazon email – email@example.com
Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress
This 12-inch mattress offers an exciting upgrade to the original Tuft and Needle mattress. With enhanced formulation in their proprietary T&N foam, the Mint includes 30-percent more graphite infused in the gel memory foam. As a result, the Mint has superior heat dispersing properties that make it ideal for anyone living in a warm climate.
The Mint features an additional layer of transition memory foam that improves the motion transfer in the mattress while giving the mattress extra edge-support. The thick-knit cover on the Mint is plush and comfortable, with excellent breathability.
When it comes to the internal layers, the Mint increases the gel-bead count by 30-percent over the base T&N model. The manufacturer optimized its adaptive foam technology to enhance pressure-relief and comfort in any sleeping position.
The breathability of the cover and upgraded foam technology in the Mint allows for unmatched airflow through the layers of the mattress, while the breathable cover wicks away moisture from your body while you sleep.
- Great upgrade to the original T&N mattress.
- Additional airflow and pressure relief compared to the original model.
- Suitable for all sleeping positions and combination sleepers.
- May not have as many features as other mattresses in this price range.
More Snooze Related Articles
- Looking for a mattress with an extra layer? Read our Best Pillow Top Mattress guide
- Do you wake up all hot and flustered? Read our Best Cooling Mattresses
- Love a giveaway as much as we do? Then enter our Pillow Giveaway now
- Looking for a Spring Mattress? Check out our Best Spring Mattress Review
- Suffer from a bad back? Read our Best Mattress for a Bad Back
- Can’t make up your mind which type mattress you want? Read our Mattress Guides
- Want a Bamboo Mattress? Check out our Best Bamboo Mattress
- Need a new Pillow? Read our Best Pillow Reviews
- Can’t decide between spring or memory foam? Don’t worry, we have our Best Hybrid Mattress
- A cervical pillow is great for the spine. Read our Cervical Pillow guide
- Want a Latex Mattress? But not sure where to start. Read our Latex Mattress Guide
- Or do you want an organic mattress? Read our Organic Mattress Review
- Need a good spring mattress brand? Check out our Sleepovation Mattress review
- Want to find the best mattress topper? Read our Best Mattress Topper Review