We currently participant in a few affiliate programs and may receive referral fee for items purchased through our site. This does not cost our readers anything, to learn more please visit our Disclosure page.
Best Cervical Pillow
Have you been using the right pillow for your back, neck and head? If you haven’t, it’s likely that you’ve been experiencing a lot of sleepless nights due to neck and back pain while you sleep, or a constant need to turn the pillow around several times throughout the night. Experts say that your pillow is one of the most important things about how you sleep.
If this describes you, then a cervical pillow could be what you need to get yourself back to a normal, healthy sleeping routine that allows for eight hours of quality sleep.
Cervical pillows offer just the right amount of support, and switching to a cervical pillow can make a world of difference to how well you sleep.
What Is A Cervical Pillow?
Cervical pillows (also sometimes called therapeutic pillows) are designed to offer some extra, much-needed support for the neck, back and shoulders – and it’s often the first recommended option for those who suffer from chronic pain in these areas. They’re made to support everyone’s neck in an individual way through the wonders of memory foam that fits itself to the shape or your head or neck, and they often remain cool, firm and comfortable for much longer.
You should use a cervical pillow if you struggle to sleep with any normal-shaped pillows, and you should use a cervical pillow instead if you have any type of serious neck injury – even if the injury happened years ago, the wrong pillow can still make an old injury flare up.
Sometimes, cervical pillows are even recommended by medical professionals before or after surgery or injuries to aid in recovery or alleviate chronic pain.
Here are some recommendations for the best cervical contour pillows that you can find, and more about why each one could be the next great pillow that changes your life and how comfortably you sleep.
Our Best Cervical Pillow
EPABO Contour Memory Foam Orthopedic Sleeping Cervical Pillow
The EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow is a specially designed ergonomic pillow perfect for those with special medical needs, whether it’s a recent neck injury or an old sports injury that needs some extra comfort.
People who need special comfort and just haven’t been able to find the right pillow should consider this model from the EPABO range: Made to be exceptionally high quality, and it’ll last you a long time – pain relief is pretty much guaranteed.
- Designed to suit several sleeping styles, and it’s comfortable whether you’re a front, side or back sleeper.
- Made from hypoallergenic and dust-resistant materials to ensure a great night’s sleep, even if you have chronic allergy issues.
- People who have previous neck injuries or chronic pain will appreciate the contour design that has been designed with professionals to make sure it offers comfort and relieves pain.
- Some people consider the pillow’s profile to be too low, and if that’s the case, the manufacturers are happy to give you a full refund
- Many memory foam pillows come with adjustable height and firmness, while this one does not – it’s standard no matter what.
- If you need an extra pillowcase with this pillow, the manufacturers don’t sell a replacement and you’ll have to find something else that works.
- Do you like sleeping with more than one pillow anyway? This is a great pillow to support your head and neck, but it’s not so great if you want to support yourself from the sides or back.
- The EPABO Cervical Pillow comes with a washable, quality cover.
- All EPABO pillows are made to be hypoallergenic and created with good quality material that breathes.
Cozy Hut Comfort Memory Foam Cervical Support Pillow
The Cozy Hut Comfort Memory Foam pillow looks like no pillow you’ve ever seen, and it’s designed especially to give your spine, back or neck the best possible support.
This is the perfect pillow for you if you happen to struggle with sleeplessness or pain that can be traced back to your back or neck; this is even a great pillow if you have had recent surgery or an old, nagging injury – and your doctor might even recommend a pillow like this (or this exact pillow!) to alleviate chronic neck and back pain. For special needs, this one’s perfect.
- If you feel that your Cozy Hut Cervical Contour Pillow is losing its initial spring and shape, it’s easy enough to re-fluff the pillow just by throwing the entire thing through your machine.
- While normal memory foam pillows are a great choice, they’re not the best if you have an injury to your neck and have special sleeping needs – for this, the Cozy Hut pillow is a perfect choice.
- The slightly odd shape of this cervical pillow means that most people won’t have a pillowcase that fits it. It comes with a removable, washable and really soft pillowcase made to be durable and hypoallergenic.
- The Cozy Hut pillow is only available in navy blue, and a nightmare if you’re looking for something that fits your bedroom’s overall style and it’s not blue.
- Many users have reported that they find the Cozy Hut Contour Pillow to be far too quick to heat up, meaning that it needs turning about as much as rotisserie oven at night.
- If you use and wash this pillow regularly, some users have reported that the zipper degrades far too soon with constant use. Sometimes oiling the zipper with baby or vegetable oil can help.
- You can remove the cover (also blue) for easy cleaning.
- This pillow will contour to the individual shape of your head and neck, and it’s made from memory foam that won’t trigger allergies or cause skin issues.
- Is designed to counteract allergies, and it’s also antimicrobial and repels the majority of fine dust and dust mites.
Ka Ua Neck Roll Pillow Cervical Bolster
The Ka Ua Neck Roll Pillow has been created as a specialized neck and back-support pillow, and can even support very special spinal needs – like Spondylosis. Made with the highest quality memory foam, it’s easy to wash and oen of the most comfortable memory foam neck support pillows you can find.
The Ka Ua pillow has been designed with special needs in mind, and this should be your recommended choice if you have chronic pain from a neck or back injury (for example, an old sports injury or a herniated disk): If your doctor has recommended the use of a therapeutic pillow, this is one of your best possible choices.
- One-piece memory foam construction means that it’s far more likely to hold its original shape for a long time than other comparative pillows that are instead made from shredded foam.
- You can do more with the Ka Ua Cervical Neck Roll pillow than use it to sleep: It also makes for great support when you need extra support for your legs, hips or lower back.
- If you aren’t happy with your purchase, the Ka Ua pillow can be returned to the manufacturer with no-questions-asked within 30 days.
- Many people with neck injuries have reported that the Ka Ua Neck Roll pillow is far too high for their needs and caused more neck pain and discomfort than it cured.
- Great pillow design for side and back sleepers, but it’s a terrible idea for front sleepers, who should consider another type of pillow entirely.
- This pillow’s removable cover makes it much easier to wash, but giving the entire pillow a wash is a little bit more work – and too much effort for many.
- The Ka Ua pillow comes with a removable bamboo cover that can be easily put in the wash, and is made to last.
- The one-piece memory foam design guarantees that the Ka Ua pillow retains its original shape for a long time, but still conforms to your shape when you need it.
- If your doctor has recommended a therapeutic pillow, this one has been designed with medical use in mind, including back and neck injuries.
Best Cervical Pillow - Wrap Up
Cervical pillows are essential if you have special sleep needs, and need to alleviate chronic pain that can easily be worsened by using the wrong pillow. These are some of the best options available on the market, and it’s worth showing to your doctor if they have recommended that you find a pillow.
More Snooze Related Articles
- Looking for a mattress with an extra layer? Read our Best Pillow Top Mattress guide
- Love a giveaway as much as we do? Then enter our Pillow Giveaway now
- Do you wake up all hot and flustered? Read our Best Cooling Mattresses
- Looking for a Spring Mattress? Check out our Best Spring Mattress Review
- Suffer from a bad back? Read our Best Mattress for a Bad Back
- Can’t make up your mind which type mattress you want? Read our Mattress Guides
- Want a Bamboo Mattress? Check out our Best Bamboo Mattress
- Need a new Pillow? Read our Best Pillow Reviews
- Can’t decide between spring or memory foam? Don’t worry, we have our Best Hybrid Mattress
- More pillow guides – Best Pillows For Back Sleepers
- Or are you a side sleeper looking for a pillow? Best Pillow For Side Sleepers
- Need a firm pillow? Read our Firm Pillow guide
- Suffering from neck pain? Read our Neck Pillow guide
- Rare stomach sleeper? Read our Best Pillow For Stomach Sleepers