We currently participant in a few affiliate programs and may receive referral fee for items purchased through our site. This does not cost our readers anything, to learn more please visit our Disclosure page.
Best Neck Pillow
Sleeping with the wrong type of pillow for your head or neck is considered one of the foremost causes for neck pain, headaches and insomnia. If you aren’t sleeping with a pillow (or pillows) that fit the shape of your head and neck in just the right way, you’re putting yourself at risk. Most professional sleep experts agree that making a change to the pillow set that suits your individual needs can be enough to make sure your neck pain and headaches disappear almost overnight.
Here’s more about how your pillows could be the cause behind your back pain, and how you can choose the right pillows for you.
What Causes Neck Pain
Most people are using the wrong type of pillows for their neck; these don’t give their neck and head the right amount of support needed throughout the night, and means they wake up tense – and this is often with associated neck pain, headaches and chronic insomnia. If you can’t sleep or you have problems with your neck, it’s a given that you’ll need the right type of pillow – and it can be more than enough to make your neck pain a thing of the past.
It’s about more than just neck pain. Any kind of pain tells your body that something is wrong, and you should see nagging, chronic pain like this as a warning sign. Neck pain in particular could mean that your neck is out of alignment, and this could change everything in your body including your gait and the alignment of your hips. In turn, this causes a whole range of pains, including in your ankles, feet and knees – and it’s not great for your body in the long term, either.
Experts are in agreement that the best way to start the process of fixing neck alignment, neck pain and insomnia all at the same time is to start with your pillows.
How To Find Best Neck Pillow
The right kind of pillow is one that gives enough support for your neck, and one that’s soft enough to be great to sleep on, but firm enough to last. Another important factor for pillows is to find one that’s cool – nobody likes having to turn a pillow around every hour through the night.
Buying the right type of pillow is way more important than most people realize, and switching to high-quality, supportive pillows could restore your sleep routine to normal.
Here are some recommendations for the best pillows you can buy for neck pain.
Our Best Neck Pillows
Best Pillow For Neck Pain Reviews
Find a new neck pillow can be time consuming with so many choice available, therefore we have picked our top 5 neck pillows, which may be useful.
EPABO Contour Memory Foam Orthopedic Neck Pillow
The EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow is a top-of-the-line pillow that has been designed with special orthopedic needs in mind, and the contour support has been designed to give your neck the maximum amount of support possible as recommended by experts.
The EPABO Contour Pillow is perfect if you find that normal pillows (e.g. rectangular-shaped cotton types) end up hurting your neck more: This pillow is also a perfect fit if you have had a previous neck injury of any sort and need extra support for your neck.
- Made from hypoallergenic and environmentally friendly materials
- Great airflow for a cooling comfortable sleep
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Excellent contour pillow designed for several sleeping styles
- Feedback suggests not ideal for smaller frame sleepers
- Made from Memory Foam: The EPABO Contour Pillow has been made from high-quality memory foam, guaranteeing that it fits to the shape of your head, neck and body.
- Hypoallergenic Materials: The EPABO Contour Pillow has been made from entirely hypoallergenic, breathable and nontoxic materials.
- Money Back Guarantee: If you aren’t happy with your purchase of an EPABO pillow, you can return it within 30 days for your money back.
The Fine Pillow is made from hypoallergenic and environmentally-friendly cotton materials, and guarantees a great night worth of sleep that has been designed by sleep science experts to ensure it does the best possible for the alignment of your neck and back.
The Fine Pillow is best suited to people who sleep on their sides or back, and it’s great if you’re looking to replace a set of pillows that you’ve been hanging on to for too long. These are made to last a long time, and they’re exactly as comfortable as they need to be so there’s no need to stack several on top of one another.
- Several sizes available – classic, firm, medium and soft
- 60 days money back guarantee
- 2 weeks trial period
- Requires fluffing every few months
- Not ideal for stomach sleepers as pillow can be little too large
- Micro-Polyfibre Filling: The Fine Pillow comes with micro-polyfibre filling for a comfortable sleep, and guarantees to be hypoallergenic.
- Comes with Pillowcase: The Fine Pillow can be ordered with a pillowcase that fits so that you don’t have to struggle with mismatching linen.
- Available in Several Sizes: The Fine Pillow can be ordered in several sizes depending on your individual needs.
Celeep 2-Pack Neck Pillow
The Celeep Bed Pillows come in packs of two, and are made from only the highest quality hypoallergenic materials guaranteeing a comfortable night’s worth of sleep.
These Pillows are the perfect purchase for you if you’re looking to toss your old set of pillows out of the window and replace them with a new, comfortable set. These are perfect if you’re buying an extra set for a guest room, too.
- Designed to be Antibacterial and hypoallergenic
- Great for those with allergies and sinus
- Cooling and fluffy
- Comes as a pair
- Doesn’t include a pillowcase
- Too fluffy for some users
- Anti-Mold, Mildew & Mites: In addition to a hypoallergenic design, the Celeep pillows have also been designed to kill mold, mildew and mites.
- No-Shift Design: The Celeep pillows have been designed so that they don’t need constant turning throughout the night, and they’re also made to stay cool.
- Easy-Care: The Celeep pillows have been made so that they’re easy-to-wash.
Coisum Orthopedic Memory Foam Neck Pillow
The Coisum Orthopedic Memory Foam Pillow is available in two sizes, made with a unique contouring memory foam design that moulds itself to your individual head and neck shape and it’s been designed to be hypoallergenic.
This Orthopedic Memory Foam Pillow has been specially designed to treat back, neck and shoulder pain – and it’s a great help if you have pain from an existing injury that requires a pillow with a little more support.
- Excellent choice for existing shoulder, back or neck pain
- Good for chronic snoring
- Provides comfortable and cooling sleep
- Helps with allergies
- Replacement pillowcases are not sold seperately
- Some feedback that the pillow flattens quick
- Some found the pillow too hard
- Hypoallergenic Materials: The Coisum range of pillows have all been made with hypoallergenic, nontoxic materials and fabrics.
- Inner and Outer Cover: The Coisum Orthopedic Pillow ships with an inner and outer cover.
- Money Back Guarantee: If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, you can return this pillow for a full money back guarantee.
Half Moon Bolster Knee Pillow for Side, Back, Stomach Sleepers
The Half Moon Bolster Pillow has been designed for orthopedic pain relief by the world’s foremost sleep science experts, and guarantees you a great night’s worth of sleep and no need to turn or fold the pillow for a comfortable sleep.
The Half Moon Bolster Pillow is a great option for those who have been struggling to find the right pillow for a long time; it’s also an excellent therapeutic option for those who are trying to relieve pain from a previous injury.
- Great for specific injuries, including back, neck and shoulder injuries.
- Contours to the shape of your body, neck or knees
- Excellent for all types of sleepers
- Hard to wash by hand due to its shape
- Some say not as comfortable
- Pillow is too high for some
Best Neck Pillow - Wrap Up
A pillow is one of the most important factors when you want to get a quality night’s worth of sleep – and it’s essential to waking up pain-free the same day.
The most common cause for neck, back and shoulder pain (even for people who don’t have previous injuries) is using the wrong type of pillow for their body shape or sleeping style. Buying the right pillow is enough to fix the most common issues associated with the above problems, and your doctor might even recommend the use of an orthopedically designed pillow – show them this list and go through it together so you can find the best, medically recommended pillow to suit your needs.