We currently participant in a few affiliate programs and may receive referral fee for items purchased through our site. This does not cost our readers anything, to learn more please visit our Disclosure page.
Tuft and Needle Pillow Review (Original Foam)
Alongside Tuft and Needle’s highly coveted soft foam mattresses, the popular bed-in-a-box brand also offers other sleeping essentials such as blankets, duvets, and the item we are exploring today, pillows. The Tuft and Needle Original Foam Pillow is made of proprietary Adaptive® Foam. Designed to conform to your sleeping habits, the Original Foam provides great support for your back and neck, whilst also staying cool throughout the night. You may be questioning whether the pillow is worth the purchase, as it’s priced at the higher price range. Read on to figure out whether the Tuft and Needle Original Foam Pillow is the perfect choice for you.
What is The Tuft and Needle Pillow Made Of?
Inside the Tuft and Needle Original Foam Pillow is a solid piece of Adaptive Foam, which you can also find in their mattresses. The foam is designed to conform to your body and offer better ventilation, ensuring the sleeper stays at the perfect temperature all night. In addition, the pillow also features graphite and cooling gel beads. This will allow your body heat to dissipate.
The pillow uses a machine washable cover made of micro polyamide and polyester. Its soft and silky feel also boasts breathability and coolness.
Who Would Suit the Tuft and Needle Pillow?
Its medium firmness is perfect for back and side sleepers. The Tuft and Needle pillow offers great support and pressure relief for the neck and shoulders. The pillow is very bouncy; sleepers will find that your head rests on top of the pillow, rather than sinking in.
With a loft profile of 5 inches, the Tuft and Needle pillow will do a great job in ensuring that your head and neck are correctly aligned. This will work well for both back and side sleepers to provide ample support.
For those who tend to sleep hot, you may find that the Tuft and Needle Pillow is great for breathability and maintaining a cool temperature. Temperature cooling factors inside the foam and the moisture-wicking cover allow the pillow to keep you cool during your sleep.
Who Wouldn’t Suit the Tuft and Needle Original Foam Pillow?
The pillow is great at maintaining its shape through the night. It quickly responses to pressure and has a bouncy feel. However, if you are a sleeper who prefers to sink into their pillows, we do not recommend the Tuft and Needle Original Foam Pillow.
Additionally, due to the buoyancy of the foam, you cannot bunch or fold this pillow. For those who enjoy more flexibility, you should look elsewhere.
For stomach sleepers, you should keep your head flat to keep it aligned with the rest of your spine. With a pillow height, also known as loft, of 5 inches, the Tuft and Needle Pillow may be too tall, which could cause neck pain and discomfort throughout the day. Stomach sleepers should look for a pillow with a soft firmness and lower loft.
- Pillow height of 5 inches provides great head and neck support – best for back and side sleepers
- Cooling factors provide comfort for those who sleep hot
- Foam retains shape over time
- No flexibility – the foam has great buoyancy meaning you will find it tough to fold or scrunch the pillow
- Foam does not allow for a deep sink. The bounciness of the pillow lets you rest your head on top as opposed to sinking in.
- Stomach sleepers may find the Original Foam uncomfortable due to its pillow height
The pillow will be delivered in a box. You may notice an initial off-gassing odor as the pillow begins to decompress, but this smell will quickly fade in a few hours.
For those with allergies, it is recommended that you take steps to minimize the accumulation of dust mites and allergens. Use hypoallergenic mattress covers and pillow protectors and regularly wash your linens and other bed accessories.
Some foam mattresses are inherently more resistant to dust mites. Tuft and Needle have claimed its use of polyfoam discourages dust mite growth because of its density; thus, lessening the space for mites and dander to accumulate. Polyfoam is also used in Tuft and Needle Pillows, which will reduce the amount of dust and dander.
Even though there is no guarantee that you will rid yourself of allergy symptoms, the steps advised should guide you to the possibility of getting a peaceful sleep.
How To Look After Your Pillow
The Tuft and Needle Original Foam Pillow have a removable cover that is machine washable. For the best results, wash on a cold cycle and leave to air dry.
The foam inside the pillow is not washable. It is advised that you spot-clean when necessary. Do not put the entire Tuft and Needle Pillow into your washing machine, or you will risk damaging the foam.
Tuft and Needle Pillow Review - Wrap Up
If you’re looking for a new pillow that will provide great support and maintain coolness throughout the night, The Tuft and Needle Original Foam may be a great option for you. Tuft and Needle offer a 100-night sleep period and a 3-year limited warranty. Rest assured, if you find that the Original Foam is not the pillow for you, it can be returned for free.
More Snooze Related Articles
- Looking for a mattress with an extra layer? Read our Best Pillow Top Mattress guide
- Love a giveaway as much as we do? Then enter our Pillow Giveaway now
- Do you wake up all hot and flustered? Read our Best Cooling Mattresses
- Looking for a Spring Mattress? Check out our Best Spring Mattress Review
- Suffer from a bad back? Read our Best Mattress for a Bad Back
- Can’t make up your mind which type mattress you want? Read our Mattress Guides
- Want a Bamboo Mattress? Check out our Best Bamboo Mattress
- Can’t decide between spring or memory foam? Don’t worry, we have our Best Hybrid Mattress
- More pillow guides – Best Pillows For Back Sleepers
- Or are you a side sleeper looking for a pillow? Best Pillow For Side Sleepers
- Need a firm pillow? Read our Firm Pillow guide
- A cervical pillow is great for the spine. Read our Cervical Pillow guide
- Suffering from neck pain? Read our Neck Pillow guide
- Rare stomach sleeper? Read our Best Pillow For Stomach Sleepers